Friday 21 October 2011

A big [heavy metal] welcome!

Hey guys,
Welcome to the new Fave Magazine blog written by yours truly.
First off, let me introduce myself a little. My name is Gen and I've been a fashion and beauty enthusiast since before I can even remember. I love anything creative and I do it all. I am an actress, a singer, a dancer, a theatre director, a youtube beauty and fashion guru, a plus-size model, and a university theatre student! So let's just say I keep myself busy haha. I am so excited to be a part of the Fave team and can't wait to bring you all the latest on fashion and beauty. If at any time you want to request a certain post or you have ideas for the blog you can e-mail me at canadianbeautygen@yahoo.com and I will deffinitely look into it! Now without further ado...let's get onto the exciting stuff!

Heavy metals have been huge on the runways lately. Metals are taking the fashion, accessory and beauty worlds by a storm right now. I have been noticing metallic detailing on everything and people are deffinitely not afraid to mix metals.
I have especially noticed this trend as far as shoes go. Let's just say I am dying for a pair of these Sam Edelman pumps:

They come in many different colors and are right on trend for the coming season. I personally have my eye on the pink ones. What do you think of them?  Deffinitely a daring statement piece.

Here's another example with a chunky heel and platform as seen at Marc Jacobs.

A few runway looks with extreme metal detailing.
Even the makeup included mixing metals!
faf8d one shoulder dress Top Fashion Trends for Spring/Summer 2012
Here is an affordable way of wearing this trend as far as fashion goes. A metallic dress from Victoria's Secret will make you shine like you're strutting down a catwalk.

So what do you think of this Spring/Summer 2012 trend? Are you going to rock the metallics?
I know I am!

xo
- Gen


No comments:

Post a Comment